Sunday, February 6, 2011

Permaculture Designs

Permaculture is a design system to live sustainably. That is, setting up your house and garden to create more energy than you use, and to live within nature's limit. I've done a handful of property designs for people since completing my Permaculture Design Course, as a hobby.
The design process starts with taking a brief from you. It needs to fit your vision, functional needs, aesthetics and budget. Next is an analysis of the property. Where are the special niches - where does the sun, shade, wind and rain coming from? How can you minimise your energy running the system. Once a plan is costed we can discuss and stage implementation.
If you'd be interested to have a chat about your place, send me a comment via this page. No cost to you except materials if you're closeby. This is my hobby and I want the experience. If you attend a couple of other Permablitzes, we can organise a working-bee to construct the design in a day.

Here's some designs I've done recently.
















3 comments:

  1. Terrific! Where did you do your course? I'm looking for one to do end of this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Mrs BOk
    Please allow me to appreciate your good work ,i think i am lucky enough to stumble upon your post ,can you kindly help me by designing a permaculture farm .
    i am from south eastern part of India and i need two designs from you one for 3 acre plot and another for 20 acre plot

    regards
    basit
    my mail id is mbasit247@rediffmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I know you wrote this a long time ago and maybe the offer isn't open any more, but I'm in the throes of establishing a food forest-y garden and I'd love some feedback and ideas on where to go next. I currently have chooks, quite a few fruit trees and have just put in 9m worth of raised wicking beds.

    I'm in Bentleigh East, so just a stone's throw from you.

    contactATdancingwithfrogsDOTcom

    Hope to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete